This time last year, PennFleet didn’t have a recycling program. We didn’t count the costs associated with energy use; and we didn’t know the benefits of solar panels. After attending the Axalta CSR Summit, our President, Jim Kolea, began developing a cost savings program based on sustainability metrics. Today, less than one year later, PennFleet now has a whole new Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) plan in action.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished so far:
- Initiated a mandatory employee recycling program
- Purchased two new service vehicles to double fuel efficiency and reduce fuel consumption
- Installed waste oil heaters in our plant to reduce natural gas usage
- Vented the plant compressor into the facility to heat inside, instead of exhausting outside
- Installed a Waste Solvent Recycling System
- Replaced a gas vehicle with a 100% electric car
In the coming months we will be exploring solar power panel installation in order to reduce our “grid” dependence to less than 10%.
Additionally, PennFleet will be expanding our corporate social responsibility initiatives in an effort to make a difference in our community. Our employees have a long history of regularly giving their time and talents to help those in need, so we will be working at developing programs to support and empower them in these endeavors. At PennFleet, “we believe we can do more with good.”