Vehicle Transportation Policy
In partnership with our customer PennFleet provides transportation services under the following guidelines:
Our Driver Expectations:
- Drivers are responsible for inspecting a vehicle prior to any location. A Vehicle Condition and Equipment Report must be completed and a customer signature needs to be obtained prior to pick and upon delivery.
- Drivers will not operate a vehicle that they suspect is not operating properly. The driver will park the vehicle and make appropriate arrangements so that the vehicle can be serviced, operated safely, or towed.
- Drivers must observe all traffic regulations. Drivers are personally responsible for any traffic citations (tickets) that may be issued as a result of operating a vehicle.
- Drivers must take appropriate precautions when driving, including allowing extra travel time for hazardous weather conditions such as fog, rain, snow, and icy road conditions.
- Drivers are responsible for taking appropriate measures to secure and safeguard the vehicle until it is returned to the PennFleet lot.
- Repairs and towing charges associated with mechanical breakdown.
- Wear and Tear items:
a. Chips/Cracks to windshield that occur in transport
b. Tire puncture/leaks
- Acts of Nature: including but not limited to hail, flood, wind, lightning
- Retain vehicle in a safe secure area with keys in a controlled key box.
- Damage resulting in a vehicular accident or incident.
- Damage resulting in negligence by our driver.